The Canon printers have the removable print head that carries the ink cartridges, it is very important to print the black and the colored pages at least once per week in order to keep the ink flowing and prevent clogging.
Here we have discussed some solutions through which, one can easily clean the clogged canon print head, as the clogged canon print head leads to the disappointing printing results, therefore, it is very important and necessary that the user should get the print head cleaned as soon as possible, therefore, for all clients, we have here mentioned some canon printer troubleshooting steps through which it could be easy for all of them to get rid from the printer issue.
Instead of throwing the printer or replacing the old printer head with the new one, try to resolve the issue with these simple canon printer troubleshooting steps.
Steps to Clean a Clogged Canon Print head
There are several ways to solve the Clean a Clogged Canon Print head, and here we have discussed one, so follow the steps as instructed here below and get relief from the Clean a Clogged Canon Print head, we hope that the steps penned here would be helpful for all of you.
- First of all, navigate to the printer’s properties menu, and then after that select the maintenance tab.
- After this click on the cleaning icon and follow the steps as instructed to clean the appropriate Ink group.
- Repeat the steps several a time, to achieve better results.
- If cleaning icon doesn’t resolve the problem, then click on the Deep cleaning icon.
- Now again, select the appropriate Ink Group and follow the instructions given to perform the deep cleaning operation.
- As in the case of “Cleaning”, the “Deep Cleaning” might need to be executed several times before improvement will be seen.
- If “Cleaning” and “Deep Cleaning” don’t satisfactorily clear the printhead, remove the printhead and clean it manually, according to the following steps. (You may need to consult the operator’s manual for your specific Canon model printer. The steps that follow are general for Canon, but can vary slightly based on an exact model.)
- Now lift the printer cover to move the print carriage to the center position.
- After this, press the tab button on each carriage and then lift to remove the carriage.
- Now lift the lock to release the printhead, then lift the printhead out of the cradle.
- Now gently rinse the printhead with hot water, and carefully remove the buildup of ink and residue that is stuck to the bottom of the head and clogging the holes and slits.
- Rinse until the water runs clean.
- Now from the ceramic plate on the bottom of the printhead, remove the two screws carefully.
- With gentle pressure, remove the ceramic plate away from the body of the printhead.
- Now behind the plate, run hot water.
- After this, gently remove any buildup behind the plate.
- Rinse until the water runs clean.
- Now reassemble the printhead and then reinsert it into the cradle.
- Now lower the locking lever unit, until, it gets fitted into its appropriate place.
- After this reinstall the ink cartridges.
- Now close the printer cover, after this, perform any alignment adjustments recommended in the printer’s operator manual.
We hope that the canon printer troubleshooting steps mentioned above in this post were helpful for all of you and if you think that the steps, then please do share this with your friends, so that they can also get rid from the issue, and if the issue remains the same, then avail canon printer help from the authorized team of canon.