If you are having a brother printer and you are facing a technical error message, then here in this post, we have provided the steps through which, it would be easy for all of you to get relief from the brother printer error code.
Basically, the error message ‘Scan Unable AF’ or ‘Machine Error Brother Printer AF’ occurs due to some technical fault in the brother printer or the paper gets jammed in between the fuser roller. Moreover, the printer might make some grinding sound while trying to move the scan bar. The reason behind this issue means that CIS scanner is not in the right position because of a broken scanner flat cable, or a loose flat cable or a defective PCB. Therefore, here we have mentioned various solutions, so use these solutions and get relief from the printer error.
Solution 1 Check for Printer Connection
- Make sure that the printer is connected accurately to the PC.
- Now unplug the power cord and wait for 10 seconds and plug it back into the USB port in the PC, and then switch ON the printer.
- Connect it to the PC.
- After this, right click on the monitor screen and then go to the settings.
- Now click on the change PC settings, under the Under ‘PC & Devices’, click on ‘Devices’.
- If your brother printer has been installed, then it will be listed under the Printers section
- If not listed, then you will have to install the brother printer.
Solution 2 Reinstall the Driver
- First of all, go to the brother printer website and then search for the printer driver under the ‘Support & Downloads’.
- After this, you will have to select your region, printer model and operating system, and agree to the ‘End-user License Agreement (EULA) before you get to download the latest version of drivers.
- Once the driver gets downloaded then install the printer driver.
- Now follow the brother printer installation steps and then after this, restart the PC when the installation is completed.
- Now, if you see the date and time appear on display, then the issue is resolved.
- And, if the printer LCD still displays ‘Scan Unable AF’ or ‘Machine Error AF’, then it’s time to get the printer serviced.
Solution 3 Verify and Transfer Faxes in Memory
- It is advised by the professionals of the brother, that faxes in memory to another fax machine or a PC.
- Whenever an error message like ‘Scan Unable xx’, No Tray’, display on the LCD screen, you will automatically receive the menu option. Press Menu, and then 9, 0, 1.
- The LCD will display No Data, if there are no faxes in the memory.
- If there are faxes in memory, then you can transfer the faxes in memory to another fax machine or to a PC.
Solution 4 Reconnect scanner flat cable to the main PCB (printed circuit board)
- At the initial stage, open the cover of the printer scanner.
- Now unlock the blue support and bend the scanner towards support (‘L’) open the small cover which will be found in the middle and goes to the left side, and you will find a white flat cable beneath it.
- Carefully check the flat cable connection, if it’s loose or unplugged; fix this cable into the main circuit board.
- After this, reconnect and turn ON the printer once again.
We hope that the brother printer troubleshooting steps provided here in this post were helpful for all of you, and hence, if after trying these steps, the error gets resolved then please do share this post with your friends, so that they can also get relief from the printer error. And if in any case, the error remains the same, then without wasting any time, ask for brother printer help from the professionals of brother printer.