There are several models of brother printers, and each model has its features and design — all brother printers made in such a way that they can fill the needs and requirement of people. Along with the elements, there are many issues like Brother printer installation error or problem with the brother printer cartridge.
Here in this post, we have discussed the cause of the brother printer HL 2140 Drum Unit Issue and the brother printer troubleshooting steps to get relief of the brother printer error.
It would be better for you to reset the printer manually to fix the brother printer error. With the help of this procedure, the drum counter will reset back to zero and allow you to keep using the drum unit for an extended period after the change drum message appears.
After trying these brother printer troubleshooting steps, it will not only fix the quality issue of the printers but on the same side, it will merely allow you to keep printing beyond the set life of the drum unit.
The Drum LED is still on or flashing after I replace the drum unit with a new one.
To clear the LED sign, you have to reset the drum counter as taught underneath.
In the event that you need to clear the LED signs identified with the toner substitution, Brother Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Fix HL 2140 Drum Unit Issue click here to perceive how to clear the LED signs after you supplanted the toner cartridge.
1. Ensure that the machine is turned on.
2. Open the title page.
3. To reset the drum counter, press and hold down Go for around 4 seconds until all the LEDs light up. When each of the four LEDs are lit, discharge Go.
4. Close the title page.
5. Ensure that the Drum LED is currently off.
How do I fix a “replace drum” message on my Brother laser printer?
The Brother drum unit is a different consumable that commonly ought to be supplanted after the utilization of 3 or 4 toner cartridges. On the off chance that you possess a Brother laser printer and you are getting a “Supplant Drum” message on your machine’s showcase, it may be an ideal opportunity to get another drum. Brother Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Fix HL 2140 Drum Unit Issue your printer utilizes a page counter to follow use, which should physically be reset each time another drum unit is introduced. Substitution directions change contingent upon what printring model you have. Check your printer’s client manage for explicit trade directions for your machine. These can be gotten to on Brother’s site.
We will survey the drum substitution guidelines for the Brother MFC-L2700DW, which utilizes the TN660 toner cartridge and the DR630 drum unit. It would be ideal if you note, these directions are explicit to this printer model.
To begin with, you should expel the old drum and supplant it with the enhanced one:
- Ensure that the printer is on and open the title page.
- Expel the toner cartridge and drum unit from the machine.
- Push down the green lock switch and expel the toner cartridge from the drum unit.
- Unload the new drum unit.
- Snap the toner cartridge into the new drum unit until you hear it lock into place.
- Clean the crown wire inside the drum unit by tenderly sliding the green tab from left to right and right to left two or multiple times.
- Introduce the toner cartridge and drum once more into the printer.
- When the new drum is supplanted, you should reset the drum counter:
- Open the intro page.
- Press and hold OK for 2 seconds.
- Press the Up bolt key or 1 to reset the drum counter.
How to reset the Brother HL-2140 Toner Cartridge?
If you are working on the brother printer and you encounter certain kind of spots while printing, then it is essential to find the root cause of the brother printer error to stop such issue. So for that, we have here mentioned some instructions through which it would be easy for all of you to reset the toner cartridge of the printer. Therefore, to remove this error try manually to get relief of this error.
- First of all, make sure that the printer turned Off.
- Now, open the printer front cover.
- While turning the printer ON, hold on the go button.
- After this, when the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs are on, and the Ready LED is off, release the GO button. All of the LEDs will turn off.
- Now press the Go button twice, the Toner, Drum, and Error LEDs will turn on.
- For different models, you have to press the button for the following period mentioned here below.
TN2110 cartridge – Press the Go button five (5) times, or
TN2120 cartridge – Press the Go button six (6) times.
- After this, the error LED should now be flashing, close the front cover.
- Now the brother printer issue is resolved.
We hope that with the help of these brother printer troubleshooting steps, it would have become easy for all of you to get rid of the brother printer error, and you can also take brother printer help from the professionals. The experts of brother provide the right solution for all kind of issue related to the brother printer like brother printer paused issue or brother printer ink problem or much more. So please do share this with your friends, so that they can also get the issue resolved quickly.