If you have done a lot of printing, you will surely know that the printer gets stuck from time to time while printing. It could be any problem such as hardware problem or any software issue, and therefore, for every kind of printer error, there is a printer troubleshooting step to fix them.
One of the worst scenarios is when there is some problem with the printing system which is difficult to fix. The best way to deal with this is to reset the whole printing system.
The users are supposed to remove all printers as well as their settings from the machine and resetting everything from scratch. The most straightforward remedy to fix the printer error is to reset the printing system.
The resetting will help you to remove all printers that get installed on your Mac. After this, install those printers once again, and don’t forget to remove the printing jobs that were in the queued and make it empty.
Instructions to reset the printing framework on your Mac
We’ve all run into a printing issue at once or another. Some of the time a report stalls out in the line and won’t print, or your Mac can’t discover your printer on your system.
Normally one of these means will get things running easily once more:
1. Ensure the printer is appropriately associated either legitimately to the Mac or to a similar system the Mac is utilizing
2. Update the printer driver programming
3. Erase and re-include the printer utilizing the Printers and Scanners inclination sheet
4. Restart the wifi switch and additionally printer
Yet, once in a while, these straightforward fixes are insufficient. That is the point at which you need to draw out the rock solid devices.
There’s a concealed order in macOS that will reset the Mac’s printing framework. Utilizing it will get out your rundown of gadgets that can print, output, or fax from the Printers and Scanners How do you reset the printing system on a Mac? inclination sheet and furthermore do a lot of in the background housekeeping, the subtleties of which you don’t generally need to stress over.
To run the system smoother apply these printer troubleshooting steps.
- First of all, be very sure that the printer is appropriately connected, either directly to the Mac or to the same network the Mac is using.
- Use the updated printer driver software.
- Delete or re-add the printer with the help of printers and scanners preference pane.
- Try to restart the Wi-Fi router or printer.
For these printer troubleshooting steps, the user doesn’t have to make use of the heavy-duty tools. If these steps were not enough, then below we have mentioned the method for how do you reset the printing system on a Mac?
Reset the Printing System
- Before you start the reset process, remember that it is the last option to fix the printer error. Resetting the printer system will remove and delete a few items, especially in the reset option.
- All the printer queues and if there is any print job that may be in the queue will get deleted.
- Reset all printer settings to the factory default.
- All printer preference files will get deleted.
- Removes the printers or scanners, that were added previously to the “Printers & Scanners” preference pane.
Steps to reset the printing system on your Mac
For all victims we have here penned the printer troubleshooting steps to reset the printing system on your Mac, we hope that the instructions mentioned here would be helpful for all of you.
- In the beginning, click on the Apple Menu Icon.
- Now click on the System Preferences.
- From there, click on the “Printers and Scanners” option.
- Now right-click in the list of devices located on the left side of the window
- After this, click on the reset printing system.
- Now click on reset when you are asked to confirm that you want to reset your entire printing system.
- Insert the password for your administrative account if provoked.
- Click OK.
- When the reset process gets complete, the list of the printers and scanners will be empty.
- After this, you will have to re-add the printer.
- So, now click on the Add button.
- If the list of the option appears on the screen, then click on your printer to add automatically to your system.
- If the windows open instead, then select your printer from the list of the options available.
- Now, click on Add option.
- After this, the Mac will create your printer and add it to your list.
If after trying these printer troubleshooting steps, still there is any obstruction, then take printer help from the experts of printer service.
The professionals of printer service are always ready to assist throughout the day and night. So, if you all are pleased with the printer troubleshooting steps regarding how do you reset the printing system on a Mac?. Then please do share this with others, so that they can also get rid of the printer error.