Trying to hook up your canon printer to the Wi-Fi network, or you have already search on the internet for the solution regarding How to connect canon printer to wireless network or router?. Here, we have mentioned easy canon printer troubleshooting steps for all of you to resolve the printer error. Thus, scroll down and carefully read the full information provided here in this post and apply the same as instructed here below.
Through the Wi-Fi facility, it has become straightforward to get your printer connected to the computer over the Wi-Fi. Hence for that, all you need is to follow these printer troubleshooting steps.
How to Get Your Canon Printer Connected to Wireless Network?
There are several methods to get your canon printer connected to the wireless network; therefore, here below we have discussed different ways. So, get down and collect the necessary and essential printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer error.
Make sure that the printer gets plugged in correctly. If in case, the printer is asking Ethernet connection to access the internet, then arrange the ethernet cable to plug in the printer into your router.
To run the prior configuration of the printer, at the final purchase you might have provided the CD with your printer. So, install the software to run the printer.
Once the installation gets completed, check that the printer gets connected to the internet.
After this, go through the instruction guide of your printer to rectify the specific details on syncing the printer model to the internet.
Visit the official website and check for the manual instructions, for that enter the model number of your printer.
Make sure that the printer and the computer are on a similar network. While doing this task, one will receive commands for your wireless printer from the computer. So for that, the printer and the computer are supposed to get connected to the same network.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi Easily
Section 1: Connect my Canon printer to my Wifi
Interfacing your Canon printer to your Wifi ought to be as simple as pie once you follow these means:
1) Press the force catch to turn on your printer.
2) Press the Settings button . At that point press the arrrow button and once you go to Device settings, press OK .
3) Press the arrrow button until you see LAN Settings, press OK.
4) Press the arrrow button until you go to remote LAN arrangement, press OK.
The printer will begin looking for Wifi organize, in the in the interim, the light will be flickering.
5) If the looking through procedure takes excessively long, you can squeeze Stop, and it’ll go to remote LAN arrangement, standard arrangement. Press OK.
6) Press the arrrow button until you discover your Wifi system, and afterward press OK.
7) Enter your secret phrase for the Wifi (Enter passphrase) and press OK.
Section 2: Add your remote Canon printer to PC
In the wake of associating our Canon printer to Wifi, we may need to add it to our PC to get it to work. Here’s the ticket:
1) On your console, press the Windows logo key and R simultaneously. At that point duplicate and glue control/name Microsoft.DevicesAndPrinters into the case and snap OK.
2) Click Add a printer and adhere to the on-screen guidelines to finish the procedure.
Section 3: What to do if your printer isn’t working appropriately
In the event that your Canon printer acts somewhat unusual, state:
1. blunder warnings spring up arbitrarily
2. it won’t print by any stretch of the imagination, and so forth.
odds are you have the obsolete or degenerate printer driver. So you should refresh your printer driver to check whether How to connect canon printer to wireless network or router? it fixes your concern. In the event that you don’t have the opportunity, tolerance or abilities to refresh the driver physically, you can do it naturally with Driver Easy.
WPS Connection Method
Before we start, there are a few conditions that must be met so as to utilize the WPS push button technique:
- The passage must have a physical WPS push button accessible.
- If it’s not too much trouble check with your gadget’s client manage for subtleties.
On the off chance that the WPS push button isn’t accessible How to connect canon printer to wireless network or router? please utilize the guidelines in the Standard Connection Method.
Your system must utilize the WPA (Wi-Fi Protected Access) or WPA2 security convention. Most WPS empowered passages utilize this convention.
- Ensure that the printer is turned on.
- Press and hold the [Wi-Fi] button on the highest point of the printer until the alert light flashes once.
- Ensure that the light alongside this catch begins to streak blue and afterward go to your passage and press the [WPS] button inside 2 minutes.
- For definite subtleties on beginning WPS on your passage, if you don’t mind allude to its client control.
- The (blue) Wi-Fi light on the printer will keep ﬂashing while at the same time looking, and the power and Wi-Fi light will streak when interfacing with the passage.
- At the point when the printer has effectively made an association with your remote system, the power and Wi-Fi light will quit blazing and stay lit.
Second Step to Connect Canon Printer to Wifi wireless network or Router
- Before you proceed further, there are some criteria to be fulfilled to use the WPS push-button way.
- The starting point consists of a push-button must have a WPS push button available. For more details, verify the user manual.
- In case, if the WPS button is missing, then use the guidelines on the standard connection solution tab.
- The network uses WPA or WPA2 security protocol, and maximum WPS enabled access points to use this protocol.
- First of all, check that the printer is connected correctly.
- Long press the Wi-Fi button that is located on the top of the printer until there is a flash from the alarm.
- Make sure that the lamp flashes blue, after this, move to the starting point and then press the WPS button in a few minutes.
- Follow the user manual to fetch relevant details on accessing WPS on the main point.
- While locating, the Wi-Fi lamp that flashes blue on the printer will continue flashing, and the power and Wi-Fi lamp will flash while linking to the access point.
- The power and the Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing, and once the connection is successfully made by the printer to the wireless network.
- To make sure that the printer is linked successfully to the network, print out the network settings of the printer.
We hope that with the help of these printer troubleshooting steps to resolve “How to connect canon printer to wireless network or router?”, It would have become easy for all of you to get rid of the printer error. But, if anyhow you fail to fix the printer error, then feel free to ask for printer help from the experts of printer service.
In case after trying these printer troubleshooting steps, the printer error remains the same, then immediately seek for printer help from the experts of printer service.