If you are having a brother printer and you are facing a technical error message, then here in this post, we have provided the steps through which, it would be easy for all of you to get relief from the brother printer error code.
Basically, the error message ‘Scan Unable AF’ or ‘Machine Error Brother Printer AF’ occurs due to some technical fault in the brother printer or the paper gets jammed in between the fuser roller. Moreover, the printer might make some grinding sound while trying to move the scan bar. The reason behind this issue means that CIS scanner is not in the right position because of a broken scanner flat cable, or a loose flat cable or a defective PCB. Therefore, here we have mentioned various solutions, so use these solutions and get relief from the printer error.
Solution 1 Check for Printer Connection
- Make sure that the printer is connected accurately to the PC.
- Now unplug the power cord and wait for 10 seconds and plug it back into the USB port in the PC, and then switch ON the printer.
- Connect it to the PC.
- After this, right click on the monitor screen and then go to the settings.
- Now click on the change PC settings, under the Under ‘PC & Devices’, click on ‘Devices’.
- If your brother printer has been installed, then it will be listed under the Printers section
- If not listed, then you will have to install the brother printer.
Solution 2 Reinstall the Driver
- First of all, go to the brother printer website and then search for the printer driver under the ‘Support & Downloads’.
- After this, you will have to select your region, printer model and operating system, and agree to the ‘End-user License Agreement (EULA) before you get to download the latest version of drivers.
- Once the driver gets downloaded then install the printer driver.
- Now follow the brother printer installation steps and then after this, restart the PC when the installation is completed.
- Now, if you see the date and time appear on display, then the issue is resolved.
- And, if the printer LCD still displays ‘Scan Unable AF’ or ‘Machine Error AF’, then it’s time to get the printer serviced.
Solution 3 Verify and Transfer Faxes in Memory
- It is advised by the professionals of the brother, that faxes in memory to another fax machine or a PC.
- Whenever an error message like ‘Scan Unable xx’, No Tray’, display on the LCD screen, you will automatically receive the menu option. Press Menu, and then 9, 0, 1.
- The LCD will display No Data, if there are no faxes in the memory.
- If there are faxes in memory, then you can transfer the faxes in memory to another fax machine or to a PC.
Solution 4 Reconnect scanner flat cable to the main PCB (printed circuit board)
- At the initial stage, open the cover of the printer scanner.
- Now unlock the blue support and bend the scanner towards support (‘L’) open the small cover which will be found in the middle and goes to the left side, and you will find a white flat cable beneath it.
- Carefully check the flat cable connection, if it’s loose or unplugged; fix this cable into the main circuit board.
- After this, reconnect and turn ON the printer once again.
We hope that the brother printer troubleshooting steps provided here in this post were helpful for all of you, and hence, if after trying these steps, the error gets resolved then please do share this post with your friends, so that they can also get relief from the printer error. And if in any case, the error remains the same, then without wasting any time, ask for brother printer help from the professionals of brother printer.
AF Problem With Brother Printer Machine
Sibling Multipurpose printring encourages you duplicate, print, sweep and fax effortlessly. Be that as it may, in the event that it quits working for the entirety of the above expressed employments and gives a blunder message of ‘Af’; it requires dire investigating. How to Fix Brother Printer Error ‘Af’? Which is basic Brother Printer Error .
Af Printing Error with Brother Printer
In the event that you see the mistake message of ‘Print Unable Af’
It for the most part alludes to an equipment mechanics issue.
It could likewise happen because of brief paper jam, or residue in the printer.
The message “Unfit to Clean 52” will show up on the showcase for one of the accompanying reasons:
I. A remote article, for example, a paper cut or tore bit of paper, is stuck in the machine;
ii. Mechanical breakdown.
To endeavor to clear the blunder, keep on venturing 1.
1. Prior to starting this investigating, it is prescribed to move your faxes to another fax machine so you won’t lose any significant messages. Any faxes got while the blunder message is on the presentation will naturally go into the machine’s memory because of the item’s powerlessness to print. On the off chance that there are faxes in memory, you can move them to another fax machine so they are not lost.
– If you would prefer not to move faxes, go to stage 3.
– If you need to affirm and move got faxes in memory, go to stage 2.
2. Moving put away faxes to another machine.
note symbol To move information from your fax machine to another fax machine, you should have just modified the Station ID in your machine preceding getting the “Unfit to Clean 52” mistake message. On the off chance that you didn’t as of now have your Station ID modified into the machine before getting the blunder, you won’t have the option to move faxes in memory. Keep on venturing 3.
a. Press Stop/Exit to incidentally interfere with the mistake message.
b. Press Settings.
c. Press ▲ or ▼ to choose Service. Press OK.
d. Press ▲ or ▼ to choose Data Transfer. Press OK.
e. Press ▲ or ▼ to choose Fax Transfer. Press OK.
– If “No Data” shows up there are no faxes in memory to move. Press Stop/Exit, at that point keep on venturing 3.
– If there are faxes in memory, the showcase will provoke to enter a fax number. Enter the fax number including the 1 or more the territory code, at that point go to step f.
f. Press Black Start. The put away faxes will move to that number. Keep on venturing 3.
3. Utilizing two hands, utilize the finger hangs on each side of the machine to life the scanner spread away from any detectable hindrance position.
– Do you see the scanner spread help arm situated on the left half of the machine?
– If indeed, go to stage 4.
– If no, confirm you have opened the scanner spread (as in the picture above). On the off chance that the report spread was opened, you won’t see the green scanner spread help. Close the record cover and return to stage 3 to open the scanner spread.
4. Cautiously check the left (1) and right (2) hand corners and the middle inside the machine and expel any paper scraps that might be stuck.
5. Utilizing your hand, move the print head from left to right, checking cautiously for any paper scraps stuck under the print head. Evacuate any whenever found.
note symbol If the print head is in the right-hand corner, press and hold Stop/Exit for in any event 5 seconds until the print head moves to the center. This will enable you to check the correct corner inside the machine for any paper scraps.
6. Leave the scanner spread open and turn the machine around so you are taking a gander at the rear of the machine.
7. Open the Jam Clear Cover on the rear of the machine, by crushing the two switches (1) together.