If you have a printer and it goes under technical problem, and you are not able to fix on your own, then don’t worry because for each printer error, the printer service squad is always there.
The printers get produced in such a way that one can quickly get their document printed according to their requirement. But there is some least number of glitches and printer errors which are faced by the people. Even after getting so user-friendly, still, many clients search for the solution regarding How to fix printer offline connection on windows 10? therefore here we have discussed the printer troubleshooting steps to correct the printer problem.
There are several reasons due to which the people face this printer problem. If any user encounter printer showing offline connection issue and are looking for the solution, then they are at the right place, because here below we have discussed the easy and straightforward printer troubleshooting steps to get rid of the printer offline issue.
Why does your Printer Show Offline Connection
There is no particular reason behind the printer offline error, the issue could be due to the outdated or incompatible driver, or issue with the printer spooler service or there is some problem with the physical or hardware connection of the printer to PC. So, without any delay, let’s see the solution for How to fix printer offline connection on windows 10?
Fix Printer Offline Status in Windows 10
Many users get stuck with printer offline issue while printing, therefore, for all of them, we have here provided the user-friendly and straightforward printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer error. So, here we have penned the most accessible and less time-consuming instructions. Thus, we hope that the steps composed here would be helpful for all of you.
Method 1: Check Printer Connection
- All users are suggested to carefully check that the connection between the PC and the printer is correctly set-up. There can be something wrong with the USB cable or USB port if connected wirelessly.
- First of all, turn off the printer and the system, and carefully remove the cables from the printer and the PC, and then press and hold the power button of the printer for 30 seconds.
- Now, again connect all the cables and make sure that the USB cable from the printer is connected appropriately to the USB port of the PC. The users are suggested switching the USB port if the printer error remains the same.
- If the printer gets connected via Ethernet cable, then make sure that the Ethernet port is working, and the connection between the printer and the PC is proper.
- In case, if the printer gets connected to the PC via a wireless network, then make sure that the printer connected to the PC network.
- After this, check if the printer offline issue gets resolved, if the printer error remains the same, then proceed to the other method mentioned here below.
Method 2: Change the Printer Status
- Initially, press the Windows+R key and then type control printers and then hit Enter to open Devices and Printers.
- After this, right-click on your printer and then select “Set as default printer” from the context menu.
- Then again, right-click on the printer which is connected with your system and select “See What’s Printing.”
- Now, the print queue will appear on the screen and check if there is an unfinished task, then make sure to remove them from the list.
- After this from the print queue window, select your printer and then uncheck the “Use Printer Offline” option.
- Same, uncheck the pause printing option, to make everything work fine.
Method 3: Run Printer Troubleshooter
- In the control panel, type troubleshooting and then click on the troubleshooting from the search result.
- Now, select view all from the left window pane.
- After this, select the Troubleshoot computer problems list select “Printer.”
To run the operation, follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now, restart the PC may be the printer showing offline error get resolved.
If, after trying all these printer troubleshooting steps, the printer showing offline issue remains the same, then take printer help from the professionals of printer service.
We hope that the printer troubleshooting steps mentioned above regarding How to fix printer offline connection on windows 10? were helpful for all of you. So, if you all find the article useful, then please do share this with your friends, so that they can also get instant relief from the printer offline issue.