- Being an electric gadget, it is a very common thing that the canon printer showing an offline status in windows.
- When the printer is connected properly, even then it shows an Offline error, when properly connected, so before you proceed for next step, carefully check that the electrical connections are connected properly.
Here for all of you, we have provided some steps to get relief from this type of issue, so follow the canon printer troubleshooting steps. We hope that with the help of these guidelines, it would be easy for all of you to get relief from printer issue.
Reconnect your Printer to Wi-Fi
- Before trying any other solution, just reconnect the device with your Wi-Fi router.
- One can forget the router from the printer by accessing the settings of it. Then reconnect it. Therefore, we have here provided some steps, as these are applicable for all printer, hence follow the steps as mentioned here below.
- First of all, press and hold your printer’s Wi-Fi button, until the wifi light starts blinking.
- Once you are sure that it is blinking blue continually, head over to the router and then press it’s WPS button.
- The Wi-Fi light will continue to blink while it gets connected with the access point, after getting connected, the wi-fi light will remain lit.
Restart the Print Spooler Service
- The function of the spooler is to manage print job sent to the computer printer.
- Normally, it can be seen through naked eye by the users, and the user can cancel the print job being processed.
- It also helps to manage the print jobs presently on the wait list.
- To fix the issue, try restarting the spooler service.
- To restart the spooler service, follow the steps as mentioned here below.
- Kindly press the Windows and the R key at the same time.
- Now in the run dialog box, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- After this a list of window service will appear on the screen and from there click on any service and keep pressing P until the print spooler is highlighted.
- Now right click on the print spooler and from the pop up menu choose for the properties option.
- In the general tab, under the service status, click on the stop button, and then Ok to save the changes.
- Now the changes has been done temporarily, focus on the deleting the print files.
- For that, open Windows Explorer, and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Permission might be required to access the PRINTERS If prompted by the OS, click Continue.
- Now, once you are in the folder, then select and deletes the files in it. After this, close the windows.
- After this, go back to the general tab and then start the spooler service.
- While doing this, keep this thing in mind to keep the spooler’s Startup type as Automatic.
Disable “Use Printer Offline” with Settings App
- Another step to be taken to solve the Offline issue is mentioned here below.
- Configuring this, will make sure that it only works when connected with your computer.
- The user can revert the changes, if there is no benefit and the issue remains the same.
- At the initial stage, click on the start button and then open the control panel.
- Now from there choose the Hardware and Sound.
- After this, right click on the printer’s name and see what’s printing.
- Now at the top left, click on the printer and make sure that in the drop down menu the Use printer offline is unchecked.
- Now try reconnecting your printer.
Update Canon Printer Drivers
If the above mentioned solution does not work, then update the canon printer driver and for that, we have here penned the steps to update the canon printer driver, we hope that the steps provided here would be helpful for all of you.
- First uninstall and reinstall it manually.
- Now download the canon printer driver from the official website.
- Make sure that the driver should be according to the printer model.
- Now launch the run dialog box as mentioned above, after this key in msc in it and then press enter.
- In the device manager through the list of hardware, open the print queues sub-menu.
- Now right click the printer hardware and choose Update driver from the pop-up menu.
- After this, the window will prompt you with the question, “How do you want to search for drivers?” Choose Browse my computer for driver software, and proceed.
- Now from the browse option, select the downloaded driver and update it.
- Now Reebot your system and see if the issue is fixed.
Uncheck “SNMP Status Enabled”
The term SNMP stands for Simple Network Management Protocol and is used to collect info from printers and manage them accordingly. Check if disabling it makes any difference in your case.
- First of all, locate the printer icon and then right click on it, now choose the Properties as mentioned above.
- After this, click on its port.
- Now click on configure port.
- After this, clear the check mark in SMP Status Enabled by clicking on the checkbox. Then, press the OK button to apply the change and close the window.
So if after trying all these steps, the issue does not fix, then take canon printer help from the experts, so that they can guide you with canon printer troubleshooting tips to get relief from printer issues.
How to Fix Canon Printer Status Shown as “Offline” in Windows
Like any equipment, even a printer has bugs and issues while associating with an alternate framework. One of these issues is that it shows “disconnected” in any event, when it is appropriately associated. To begin with, guarantee it is associated with all the electrical outlets and you are organize associated.
Reconnect your Printer to Wi-Fi
Before getting into different workarounds, reconnect the gadget to your Wi-Fi switch. You can ‘Overlook’ the switch from your printer by getting to its settings. At that point, reconnect it. Your printer model may be extraordinary, yet the accompanying strides to interface it to a Wi-Fi organize are essentially the equivalent.
- Press and hold your printer’s Wi-Fi button until the Wi-Fi light beginnings flickering.
- When you are sure it is flickering blue constantly, head over to the switch, and press its [WPS] button.
The Wi-Fi light will keep on flickering while at the same time scanning for the accessible systems. It will keep on flickering when the printer is interfacing with your passageways. At the point when the gadget associates with it, the Wi-Fi light on it will stay lit.
Restart the Print Spooler Service
The spooler administration is mindful to oversee printring employments sent to a PC printer. For the most part, it is unmistakable to clients, and they can drop print employments being handled. How to Resolve Canon Printer Status Shown as “Offline” in Windows? it additionally lets them oversee print employments by and by on the shortlist. Take a stab at restarting the spooler support and check if this fixes the issue.
- Press the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- In the Run exchange box, type services.msc, and press Enter.
- In the rundown of Windows administrations, click on any assistance and continue squeezing P until Print Spooler is featured.
- Right-click on Print Spooler, and pick Properties from the spring up menu.
In the General tab, click on the Stop button under the Service status, and snap OK to spare the change.
Since the administration is handicapped incidentally, center around erasing the printer records. For that, open Windows Explorer, and explore to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS. Authorization may be required to get to the PRINTERS If provoked by the OS, click Continue.
When you are in the envelope, choose and erase the documents in it. At that point, you are acceptable to close the window.
Presently, return to the General tab, and Start the spooler administration. Moreover, make it a point to keep the spooler’s Startup type as Automatic.
- Reboot your PC and check if your printer associates appropriately.
Impair “Use Printer Offline” with Settings App
Another workaround for the issue is removing Windows’ capacity to work with the gadget when it is disconnected. Arranging this will ensure it possibly works when associated appropriately to your PC. You can return the progressions if this doesn’t fix anything for you.
- Snap on the Start catch, and open Control Panel.
From it, pick Hardware and Sound.
- In the resulting window, click Devices and Printers.
- Right-click your printer name, and select See what’s printing.
Snap Printer at the upper left, and guarantee Use printer disconnected in the drop-down menu is unchecked. It is unchecked right now. When you roll out the improvements, click on Cancel all records, and take a stab at reconnecting your printer.