Printing a document is very quite simple and easy in Windows 10, but there is some unexpected printer error which the users face while printing. For work, the printer relies on the printer spooler. According to the users, printer spooler keeps stopping is a prevalent issue, so here in this post, we have discussed the printer troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue.
Print Spooler keeps stopping Not Running on Windows 10
What is print spooler administration?
A print spooler is a product/administration that incidentally stores print occupations on the PC hard plate or in memory until the printer is prepared to print them. This is a significant help On Windows 10 PC for printing reason. It should run easily so as to Add another printer on your PC or print/send your archives to the printer. How to resolve Printer Spooler Keeps Stopping Issue on Windows 10? be that as it may, at times because of driver misconfiguration, Virus contamination or some different reasons this Print Spooler continues halting not running appropriately to finish the print work. Additionally on the off chance that you have introduced different printer and issue may be with one of the printers that causing print spooler administration stop.
Reinstall The Printer Driver
Now and again obsolete tainted Installed printer driver can cause various blunders. Furthermore, may this print spooler continues halting is one of them. Uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers from the maker site and check.
1. Press Windows Key + X key and snap Device Manager.
2. Extend ‘Printer drivers’.
3. Right-click on the printer drivers and snap on uninstall.
Presently introduce the most recent printer drivers for Windows 10 from the producer site.
Introduce printer driver similarity mode:
This issue may emerge because of printer’s driver inconsistency with Windows 10. attempt to introduce the drivers in similarity mode and check on the off chance that it makes a difference.
Steps to fix Printer Spooler Keeps Stopping Issue on Windows 10
There are different ways to fix the printer spooler keeps stopping issue, and the users can easily find the method to get rid of the printer error. But here for all users, we have discussed the secure and straight forward way to deal with the issue.
The clients can also take printer help from the experts of printer service if they are not satisfied with the steps penned here below as the experts are always ready to assist throughout the day and night.
Solution 1 – Uninstall unnecessary printers
If there are two or more than two printers installed, then that can also sometimes cause printer spooler error. If the printer spooler keeps stopping issue occurs on Windows 10, then the problem can be resolved by uninstalling the printer. Therefore, follow the instructions as mentioned here below.
- Press Windows Key + X to open the Win + X menu and select Control Panel from the list.
- When the Control Panel opens, locate Devices and Printers.
- In Devices and Printers section select the printer you want to remove and click Print server properties.
- Go to the Drivers tab, and see the list of all installed printers.
- Select the printer you want to remove and click the Remove button.
- Select Remove driver and driver package and click OK to remove the printer altogether.
- After removing unnecessary printers, restart your PC.
Solution 2 – Delete Print Spooler files
- Initially, press Windows Key + R and enter services.msc. Press Enter or click OK.
- When Services window opens, locate Print Spooler, right click it and choose Stop.
- Minimize Services window and go to C: WindowsSystem32spoolPRINTERS folder.
- Keep in mind that you’ll need administrator privileges to access this folder. This folder also gets hidden sometimes, so be sure that you have the option to view hidden files turned on.
- Once you open PRINTERS folder, delete all files from it.
- Disconnect your printer from your PC.
- Go back to Services window, right-click Print Spooler and select Start.
- Connect the printer to your PC again.
Solution 3 – Check if Print Spooler service is set to Automatic
- Open Services window and then locate Print Spooler service and double click it to open its properties.
- In the Startup type section make sure that the Automatic option is selected.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
Solution 4 – Change Recovery options
- First of all, open Services window, locate Print Spooler service and double click it.
- When the properties window opens, go to the recovery tab.
- After this, locate Subsequent failures setting and set it to Restart the Service.
- Click Apply and OK to save changes.
We hope that the printer troubleshooting steps penned here were helpful for all of you to get rid of the printer spooler keep stopping the issue. So, all clients are suggested to share this post with those who are looking for the steps regarding How to resolve Print Spooler Keeps Stopping Windows 10?.