Many clients of Hp face an error message known as “Printer Not Responding,” usually such an error arises due to the Hp printer error in the specific template or a particular document. So, if you are also one of that customer, then for all of you we have here penned some easy Hp printer troubleshooting steps, through which you can quickly get rid of this kind of printing issue.
If you want to get relief from the Printing Issues Related to Word Documents, then you are at the right place, because in this article, below we have penned some necessary steps, and with the help of these steps. One can get relief from the issue, but if after trying these steps the Hp printer error related to Related to Word Documents remains the same, then without wasting your time, feel free to ask for Hp printer help from the experts of hp.
Take a Test Printout of Other Word Documents
If you are unable to print a specific document on the MS word, then close it and then print a new instead of it. By doing so, one can get confirmed that if the problem is specific to only the document or caused by a corrupt template.
- Therefore, for that, open the Word processing software and then click the Office Button on the top left corner.
- Now from there, choose New in the resulting menu to open the New Document pop up box.
- After this, in the window select the Blank Document and click on the create option.
- Now enter some random text in the file to print, and with the help of Ctrl + S shortcut key combination save the file on the computer.
- Once you have saved the file, then click on the Office Button again, and select Print from the dropdown menu.
- On the other hand, you can use the Ctrl + P shortcut keys to open the Print command box.
- Now select the name of the printer in the pop-up window and click on the OK button to print the document.
- If the test print is successful, then it means that the MS Word template you used earlier was faulty.
- Therefore, to fix the Hp printer problem, create a new custom template.
- However, you can also try renaming the existing template to see if resolves the printer is not responding error.
How to Resolve Printing Issues Related to Word Documents
You may run over specific issues with your printer while taking a shot at a Word record, for example, a mistake message saying, “Printer Not Responding”. Generally, such an issue occurs because of a mistake in a particular layout or a specific archive. Stress not, there are numerous approaches to fix such normal printer issues; underneath are a couple investigating steps you can attempt.
Dothis as a fundamental test. In the event that you can’t print a specific page on Word, you can attempt to print another page. This will affirm whether the issue is relating to a solitary archive or format in MS Word, or whether your printer has run into a specialized issue.
For that, open the Word preparing programming and snap the Office Button on the upper left corner. Pick New in the subsequent menu to open the New Document spring up box. Presently select Blank Document in the window and snap Create.
Enter some arbitrary content in the record to print, and utilize the Ctrl + S alternate way key mix to spare the document on your PC. After you have spared the record, click on the Office Button once more, and select Print from the dropdown menu. How to Resolve Printing Issues Related to Word Documents? then again, you can utilize the Ctrl + P alternate route keys to open the Print order box.
Select the name of the printer in the spring up window and snap OK to print the report. In the event that the test print is effective, it implies that the MS Word layout you utilized before was flawed. So you should make another custom layout so as to fix the printing issues. Be that as it may, you can likewise have a go at renaming the current format to check whether settle the printer not reacting mistake.
How to Rename an MS Word Template
Here we have mentioned some steps through which you can easily Rename an MS Word Template, therefore, follow the steps as instructed here below.
- At the initial stage, exit the Microsoft Word.
- After this, click on the start button on the bottom left corner of the desktop screen to open the Start Menu.
- Type Normal.dotm in the search box.
- Now, if you are not able to find Normal.dotmin the search results, then enter %appdata%\Microsoft\Templatesin the Start Menu search box and press Enter.
- After this, a window will open on the screen with the Normal. dotm template in it.
- If you see the template with an exclamation mark, it confirms that there is some issue with the Normal. dotm template.
- Now right click on it, click on Rename and change the extension from .dotm to .old
- Once you get finished with these steps, then create a new document following the steps mentioned previously, and retake a test print.
- One should be able to take the printouts successfully now.
- However, note that you may not be able to print the documents made using other templates.
- So you also need to create a new template and set that as default.
Creating a New Custom Template
Here we have mentioned some steps, which would be helpful for you in Creating a New Custom Template, therefore, follow the steps as mentioned below.
- First of all, open the word, then click on the Office Button on the top left corner.
- Now in the dropdown choose new, and then select the Blank document and click on create.
- One can enter the basic data or can also leave the file blank.
- Now click on the Office Button once again and select Save As from the resulting menu.
- After this click on Word Template in the context menu, and name the file as New Template.
- Now select the Local Disk (C:)/Users and open the folder for your computer user name.
- After this, go to AppData/Roaming/Microsoft and open the Templates Set this as the location to save your New Template file.
- Once you get done, open an MS Word document and on the top ribbon menu click on the Developer tab.
- If you do not see the same in MS Word ribbon, then click on the Office Button, select Word Options, and put a tick mark against Show Developer tab in the Ribbon.
- Now in the Developer tab, select Document Template and click on the Attach button near the Document template Select NewTemplate.dotm from the pop-up box and click Open, followed by OK, to set the template as default.
We hope that the above steps provided in this article were helpful for all of you to Resolve Printing Issues Related to Word Documents, and hence if you all are satisfied with the details penned above. Then please do share this post with your friends, so that they can also get relief from the printer issue, and for real-time assistance or to get the Hp printer repaired ask the experts to provide Hp printer help and get back to work.