The printer consists of many components, and due to any reason any of the parts get damaged, then the printer stops working correctly. Thus, here we are going to provide the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Replace Paper Pickup and Feeding Rollers. So, all clients are suggested to read the complete details provided here in this article below to get rid of the printer problem.
If any client is facing any technical glitch, then feel free to get in touch with the experts of printer service. Thus, the clients who want to Replace Paper Pickup and Feeding Rollers, then they all are at the right place, therefore scroll down and carefully go through the details provided here below.
There are several ways to fix the printer problem and are available on the internet. So, keeping this thing in mind, we have here penned the easy and straightforward printer troubleshooting steps to fix the printer problem.
The pickup roller is a rubber wheel that grabs the paper and feeds it in. Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Replace Paper Pickup and Feeding Rollers misfeeds and paper jams occur when the roller gets dusty or worn. It is the ONLY part that wears out on these printers.
Here are 4 ways to make your printer feed like when it was new:
CLEAN —If it is simply dusty it slips. So first try cleaning off the roller with water or rubbing alcohol (let it dry).
RENEW —If the surface is “shiny” (slightly worn) it can’t grab the paper. Apply roller cleaner and rejuvenator to make the surface “tacky” so it can grab the paper.
ROTATE —With a slightly worn belt, you can remove the pickup roller, and either turn it inside out or rotate the belt and re-introduce it.
REPLACE —If the belt is cracked or worn down, remove and replace the rubber belt (or the belt and the core that holds it).
Methods To Replace Paper Pickup and Feeding Rollers
Every component of the printer is costly, and because of this reason, the users are recommended to maintain their device in a proper working condition. If there is any printer error, then without any second thought, take printer help from the experts of the printer service to fix the printer problem.
Below we have described the simple and less time-consuming printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer error. Therefore, the victims should follow the steps as discussed below to get rid of the printer problem.
Before you apply the printer troubleshooting steps to resolve the printer error, first of all, check if the printer is under warranty. If the printer is in warranty, then take printer help from the professionals of the printer service.
- First of all, raise the printer to gain access to the roller.
- After this, for lifting the printer use the side frame.
- Note: Do not raise the printer using the front door or the paper tray area.
- Carefully check that two locking tabs hold the roller in the place.
- Now, with the help of your fingers, remove or snap ring pliers.
- Kindly, remove the pickup roller.
- Now, release the two cover locking pins and then by rotating down, remove the separation roller.
- After this, carefully release the separating roller locking pins and remove the roller.
- Now, reinstall the roller cover on the locking pin and rotate it towards the roller until it snaps into place.
- After this, remove the tray 1 pickup roller, it required to get lowered by pushing down on both ends of the assembly.
- Carefully release the two locking tabs and then rotate the roller away from the printer.
- After this, by releasing the retaining tab, replace the separation pad for tray 1.
- Now when the pad gets removed, the base that holds the pad will get loose.
- Now for replacing the automatic document feeder rollers gently, open the ADF cover and then release the spring that is attached to the end of the pickup roller assembly.
- After this, lift on the pickup assembly and slide it towards the front of the printer to remove.
If you are not able to solve the printer problem, then take printer help from the well-trained team of printer service. So, if after trying the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Replace Paper Pickup and Feeding Rollers, the printer problem remains the same, then get in touch with the professionals of the printer service. There could be many reasons behind the printer error.