The clients who are facing the printer error for all of them, we have here provided the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Setup Default Printer In Windows. So the clients who got stuck while doing their work and are looking for the solution, therefore, for them, we have here mentioned the easy and straightforward method to get rid of the printer issue.
Various printers are available in the market with different features and designs, and people purchase printer according to their choice or requirement. After purchasing the printer, when the user installs the printer, then at that time a printer error display on the screen saying “Operation could not be completed” with a printer error code 0x00000709 this means you’re unable to set default printer on Windows 10.
Mainly this type of printer problem arises when the user is unable to set up the printer as the default printer, this gets caused by an issue in the registry settings, which give priority to the previous printer to be the default one. To get rid of the printer problem, the users should carefully read the complete information provided here below.
Many clients are facing the printer error; therefore, to assist them, the printer service team is always there. The users who got stuck with the printer problem, they all should ask for expert assistance from the authorized group of printer service. Apart from this, the clients can also try to figure out the issue by applying the Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Setup Default Printer In Windows.
Clients can manually deal with the printer error by the help of these printer troubleshooting steps. If any user fails to get out of trouble, then for all of them, the professionals of printer service are the only one who will provide them a perfect solution for the printer problem.
The users can also take printer help to resolve other than these issues such as printer not connected issue, printer jam issue, printer not responding, and much more. Therefore, feel free to take help from the experts of printer service.
How to set the printer as the default printer in Windows
While attempting to print a report, you may get an admonition message that your printer isn’t set as the default printer. You may likewise find that Windows is endeavoring to print to another gadget. Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Setup Default Printer In Windows to arrange Windows to utilize your printer as the default printing gadget, select your form of Windows underneath and follow the means.
Windows 8 and Windows 10
1. In Windows 8, type printer on the Start screen.
2. In Windows 10, click in the Windows search box and type printer.
3. In the indexed lists, click Printers and scanners.
4. In the Printers and scanners window, click on the printer you need to set as the default printer and snap the Manage button.
5. Under Manage your gadget, click the Set as default button.
Windows Vista and Windows 7
1. Snap Start.
2. In the pursuit box, type printer.
3. In the list items, click Devices and Printers.
4. In Devices and Printers, right-click the printer you need to set as the default printer and pick Set as default printer.
How to Troubleshoot Printer Problems on a Windows PC
The paperless office isn’t yet here for a considerable lot of us, and printers are as yet an unavoidable truth. On the off chance that your printer isn’t working very right on a Windows PC, here are some straightforward investigating tips that can fix it.Obviously, the initial steps are the most self-evident. Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Setup Default Printer In Windows check your printer is connected, fueled on, and associated with your PC (or the Wi-Fi arrange, if it’s a Wi-Fi printer). These may appear glaringly evident, yet in some cases we neglect to check the straightforward things before checking the more unpredictable ones.
Check the Paper
To begin with, guarantee your printer is in legitimate working state. Check that the printer has paper stacked in the event that it isn’t printing. Regardless of whether you’ve stacked paper, you may need to appropriately adjust the paper so the printer can utilize it. Check within the printer to guarantee there isn’t a paper jam keeping the printer from working. On the off chance that there is, you may need to physically expel the stuck paper and clear things up.
Check the Ink or Toner
Obviously, you’ll need enough ink (if it’s an inkjet printer) or toner (if it’s a laser printer) before you can print. Regardless of whether you’re simply imprinting in highly contrasting, some inkjet printers may decline to print at all until you top off their shading ink.
To check your printer’s ink levels on Windows, open the Devices and Printing window in Windows. You can do as such by opening the Control Panel and clicking “View gadgets and printers” under Hardware and Sound. You might have the option to choose a printer by clicking it and view this data at the base of the window, or right-click a printer, select “Properties”, and search for the ink or toner levels.
Numerous printers report that kind of data here, despite the fact that not all do — it relies upon the printer and its drivers. You may likewise have the option to see this data on the printer itself, on the off chance that it has a worked in status show.
Check the Print Queue Dialog
Issues with printing could likewise be brought about by issues with Windows. To guarantee nothing is turning out badly, open the print line exchange in Windows. You can open a printer’s line by right-clicking that printer in the Devices and Printers window and choosing “See what’s printing”. On the off chance that you see a more established report that can’t print with a mistake, right-click the record here and evacuate it. In the event that a printer work is delayed, you can continue it from here.
You ought to likewise tap the “Printer” menu here and confirm that “Utilization printer disconnected” isn’t empowered. On the off chance that this choice is checked, expel the checkmark to impair it.
Introduce, Update, or Reinstall Your Printer Drivers
You may need to introduce, update, or reinstall the printer drivers on the off chance that it isn’t working appropriately. Printers ought to in a perfect world “simply work” and have their drivers naturally introduced by Windows, yet this doesn’t generally work. To do this, visit your printer maker’s site, download their driver bundle, and run the driver installer. It’ll walk you through introducing the printer drivers and identifying your printer.
Utilize the Printer’s Diagnostics
You may need to utilize an analytic capacity that will clean the printer’s heads or spouts, or realign them. This alternative will be in a somewhat better place in every printer, contingent upon the printer’s product. On Windows, open the Devices and Printers window, right-click a printer, select “Properties”, and look at the alternatives here to perceive what choices are accessible for your specific printer. These alternatives are given by your printer drivers, and you may discover them elsewhere — for instance, in a printer arrangement utility situated in your Start menu.
Solution For Setup Default Printer In Windows
The clients who are in search of Solution For Setup Default Printer In Windows, they are at the right place, because for all of them, we have here mentioned the easy and less time-consuming Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Setup Default Printer In Windows. Therefore, all clients should collect mandatory information from here and then try to fix the printer problem.
For fixing the printer problem, the registry needs to get modified manually. Therefore, before proceeding with making changes to the registry, the user is recommended to back them up, if anyhow something goes wrong, then the user can quickly restore the registry.
To Backup Registry
- First of all, open it and then click on the file Export.
- Now, name the registry file.
- After this, save the file.
To Import/Restore From Back Up
- Open the registry editor again.
- Click on the file and then click on Import.
- After this, select the file that you’ve exported earlier.
- Below we have provided the printer troubleshooting steps to access the registry editor.
Repair Corrupted System Files
- To scan the corrupt file from here, download and run the reimage plus to complete the task.
- If the found file is corrupted and missing, then repair them and then see if the printer error gets resolved by setting the printer up again, if the printer problem remains the same then proceed to the next solution.
- Click on the “start” icon, then type Regedit.
- After this, right click on Regedit and then select Run As Administrator.
- Now scroll down to HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Choose the device key from the right pane and then right click on it, and select modify changes the value.
- Only change the name of the printer.
- If you get prompted with the “cannot edit device” dialog, click OK.
- Now right click on the windows folder from the left pane and then choose permissions and make a check in the full control box.
Run As Administrator
- If the above-discussed printer troubleshooting steps do not work, then try the one which is mention below.
- Initially, click on the start button.
- And then, search for devices and printers.
- Now, right click on the name of the printer and select “see what’s printing.”
- In the queue, select “Open As Administrator “
- Then, on the main menu, select “Set As Default Printer.”
- Note: If it is already opened up as an administrator, then the option to open it as administrator will not appear.
If after trying these Printer Troubleshooting Steps To Setup Default Printer In Windows, the issue does not gets resolved, then without wasting your time, get in touch with the experts of printer service and ask them to provide an instant solution for the same.